One of a set of nine glazed earthenware tiles with blue stylised floral and foliate decoration on a cream ground, manufactured by Minton Hollins and Co. in England, c.1877.
Minton Hollins and Co (manufacturer)
18/08/1877 (design registered)
One of a set of nine cream glazed earthenware tiles, decorated with an underglaze blue transfer-printed design of stylised flowers and foliage, with two blue lines around the edge. The tile is moulded on the reverse with a grid of indented squares, in which there are moulded letters forming the following words, 'MINTON HOLLINS & CO, PATENT TILE WORKS, STOKE ON TRENT EL W1 GBR'. The tile is also printed on the reverse in blue with a registered design mark, which translates as Class IV, Parcel No. 6.
Decoration and furnishings